Immerse yourself in the world and literature of Annette von Droste-Hülshoff.
The Droste Museum is located in the mezzanine floor of the castle, above the restaurant which can be found in the basement. The exhibition in the manor house leads through multiple living spaces that provide information about the history of Burg Hülshoff as well as the life of Annette von Droste-Hülshoff.
The Droste Museum gives it visitors vital insight into the living habits of the Munster aristocracy during the period of classicism and Biedermeier.
For example, the small reception room and large dining room with portraits of the ancestors of the famous poet can both be seen, as well as sumptuous furniture from previous centuries, the richly appointed library of the house and mementos of Annette von Droste-Hülshoff and some personal objects.
The atmosphere in the rooms and the view from the splendid garden hall provide a look at the castle moat and park and let the visitors feel the attitude toward life of the rural aristocracy in past centuries.
An audio guide provides an easy tour through the museum. The new audio guide, produced in 2018, also provides the option to individually explore many topics in greater depth: regardless of whether you are more interested in the family life, the architecture or the poet herself, you can choose the version. A tour with the audio system takes a maximum of 40 minutes.
Audio Guide Credits
- Speakers: Cathrin Romeis | Sebastian Straub (German); Daniel Brunet | Nadine Finsterbusch (English); BenoÎt Faedo | Nathalie Frank (French); Laura de Boer | Richard Gonlag (Dutch)
- Text: Jörg Albrecht, Margit Dohrenbusch, Jochen Grywatsch, Ulrich Reinke
- Translation: Daniel Brunet (English); Nicole Freitag (French); Richard Gonlag (The Netherlands)
- Directed by: Jörg Albrecht
- Recording and Composition: Ramin Bijan
- Producer: Bruno Bauch
The audio guide is a 2018 in-house production of Burg Hülshoff - Center for Literature.